Good afternoon,
We are in the process of converting an application from 15 to 16 and one of
the first errors that we have encountered came from a line that was setting
the query destination into a variable.

The variable was declared in the on Load form event, and this code has
worked without a problem for many versions back.

I was able to quickly bypass the runtime error by moving the variable
declaration out of the conditional block which only ran once (when the form
loaded) into the form method itself (not wrapped in a conditional). Rather
than blindly make a change, we would like to have a solid understanding of
what changed from 15 to 16.

I have combed over the changes listed here:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.3/Conversion-to-4D-v16.100-3673248.en.html
specifically:
http://doc.4d.com/4Dv16/4D/16.3/Changes-in-behavior.200-3673250.en.html

Has anyone else experienced this change in behavior?