Hi Jody,

I think the new Gmail interface is technically following the RFCs for
rendering emails. If you are sending plain text emails, right before
the send command, I do a simple replace like:
$MessageBody_vt:=replace string(MessageBody_vt;<>CR;<>CRLF)

Where:
<>CR:=Char(13)
<>CRLF:=Char(13)+Char(10)

Interestingly, if I send plain text email with Mac Mail that has a
bunch of returns, Mac Mail encodes the carriage returns as <>CRLF - so
they render fine. Emails that have just Linefeeds (Char(10)), also
render fine (which makes so sense to me).

We are business customers with Google Suite and have access to their
Tech Support. On one had they created a support case for me, but on
the other, they said I was the only one complaining. The fix above
seemed to worked for us (though, today, I am troubleshooting sending
emails from Windows PCs with v17.0.HF1 - Macs seem fine).

Not sure if that helps - but there you go.

dave

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 6:56 PM, Jody Bevan via 4D_Tech
<4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> The last time I wrote an E-Mail client with 4D was circuit 4D v11 and into
> v12. It worked great. I left the programming world for a break for 2 years,
> and then got back in.
>
> Now I am using 16R6, and will likely move into the v17. releases for a
> product I am working on.
> From my review today, and lurking over the last several months, it looks like
> not much has changed within 4D to dramatically change from what I did back
> then. It does sound like the likes of google mail has done some changes that
> will likely cause me some grief.
>
> For those of you that kept in the game, and advancing is this your take on it?
>

> Jody Bevan
> Developer
> Argus Productions Inc. <https://www.facebook.com/ArgusProductions/>
> +1 587-487-6120