Hi all,

One for the archives -- a month or so ago we noted we were having problems with the Internet Commands command FTP_Receive under 64-bit MacOS (v16R6 and earlier).
I'm having a problem with Internet Commands FTP_Receive under 64-bit -- the command immediately returns a -2201 error and nothing is received (on Mac and Windows).

Using 4D v16R6 32-bit, the code works fine and files can be received. Same code using v16R6 64-bit fails.  The 64-bit version will successfully log in to the FTP site, and will retrieve a directory listing etc, but will not allow file download.

Finally (after wasting a bucket load of time developing a workaround using cURL), we managed to work out what the problem was/is with the FTP_Receive command:  basically the behavior of the plug-in command under 64-bit does not match the documentation!  Hopefully this message will save someone else the headache we've had. This is being reported to 4D as a bug.

The documentation states:
            FTP_Receive (ftp_ID ; hostPath ; localPath ; progress) -> Functionresult

            localPath is a text value that specifies the path of the destination of the document.

            If localPath is a null string, the user will be presented with a Standard Save-File             Dialog and the resulting file pathname will be returned back into the localPath variable.

But, under 64-bit, localPath MUST be a path/filename otherwise an error is thrown (-2201).

Our problem boiled down to the fact that our code was sending localpath as a null string, as per the docs, which worked fine under 32-bit, but fails under 64-bit.

Hate it when that happens!

Cheers,
Allan Udy

Golden Micro Solutions Ltd, Blenheim, New Zealand
http://www.golden.co.nz<http://www.golden.co.nz>