Keisuke,

Thanks for the quick response, it's always great to hear from you.

Yes, I think you've described exactly the situation. I've got a collection
which is tied to a listbox.
I've got an automatic selected object.
I've got an object display bound to the selected object.
I change the source value in the collection and the binding doesn't fire
all the way through.

Here's where the master data lives:

collection.selected_object.element

The item I've modified via code isn't displayed in the listbox, it's
displayed in a bound variable. The bound variable isn't updating, that's my
problem. Is that the bug you're talking about being fixed? For the
listboxes themselves, I've been calling *REDRAW* and it works well. I've
got a multi-page form and if I switch to a different page and back, the
bound variable redraw is done.

I guess I could update the contents of my bound variable directly but,
honestly, that kind of subverts the whole binding system. Then it's really
unclear what the real data is...plus I don't want my code to have to know
about binding subscribers.