Chip

I have some recursion stuff I do, sometimes it hit a bad data set that caused
an infinite loop.  What I have done is, created a process variable that gets
incremented at the top of the recursion process and decrements at the end.  I
then put a check in my code to see if I'm more than say 30 levels deep.  If so,
this means I have a data problem and I should gracefully exit the recursion and
log the error.

I'm not sure if that will work for you but it solved a crash problem for me
with stack space problems and recursion.

Thanks
Justin