Chuck,
The recursion issue is a data related issue.
When the data is good, tested and running for years, there is no memory
issue, and no crashing.
It is the bad data which is causing the issue.
-- I created a relative relationship where an animal was it's own
parent... this is/was the data problem.

In the instance of bad data - no amount of increasing of the process
memory will help, as the recursion will simply continue until no memory
& a crash - it will just take longer to reach that point with more
memory.

----
In the process of writing my original reply to your email, I came up
with an answer to my data problem, basically a way to detect the
problematic data.
So... THANKS  :)

Chip

Gas is for washing parts