Nolan,

        As others have pointed out, you have lots of ways to go. I use Xojo
(xojo.com <http://xojo.com/>) to create web apps to talk to 4D using much of
what you will find in David Adam’s book “4D Web Companion”. I did a demo of
what I am doing at a 4DMethod meeting recently which you can find at
https://4dmethod.com/2018/04/16/april-25th-meeting-4d-with-a-xojo-web-app-front-end-john-baughman/

<https://4dmethod.com/2018/04/16/april-25th-meeting-4d-with-a-xojo-web-app-front-end-john-baughman/>.

        No matter what you do, you should read David’s book. I found that once
his example code is installed in a 4D database, it can be used with any web
front end you decide to go with. I am currently in the process of converting an
IOS app that front ends a 4D database using David’s code/approach to a Xojo
WebApp front end. in the process I have not had to change any of David’s 4D
code. In fact both the IOS app and the Xojo Web app work are being used
simultaneously by my client during this rewrite phase.

John

John Baughman
(808) 262-0328
john...@hawaii.rr.com