We've been looking into ways to make it easy for our customers to build
custom websites using data from our 4D app (CatBase). I'm quite interested
in the Wix solution but haven't had time to properly look into it. Anybody
tried this?

Basically, you can create a database on your Wix website and populate it by
importing a csv file (AFAIK this is the only upload format currently
supported). They also have an API which will probably offer much better
opportunities for integration but I haven't looked into that yet.

Then you can build your website interface using their excellent tools - no
coding required. Create interactive forms, edit the database, etc. So the
4D developer doesn't need to know more than the basics of web
design/development and can focus on what they know best ... 4D coding :)
And the end-user should be able to easily create their website or you could
offer that as an additional service.

All theoretical of course. It's something I hope to find time to experiment
with soon (a nice little Christmas holiday project, perhaps!).

Pat

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 at 08:49, Paul Dennis via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
wrote:

> As already mentioned. Have a look at lightning. It is now version 4
> supports
> bootstrap 3 which is very important for mobile and you will be able to
> leverage a lot of your 4d existing code.
> Paul
>

> --
> Sent from: http://4d.1045681.n5.nabble.com/4D-Tech-f1376241.html

CatBase - Top Dog in Data Publishing