(Sorry: I haven’t been on the nug for quite a while: but in real need of some
ideas at the moment)

I’m having what I think is Machine TCP overload.

Here’s the situation:

>4D V16.4 64-bit

>Windows, server 2012r6, 48GB Ram, 11 fast processors, Fast SSD disks

I have machines that host numerous 4D Servers.  Some of them have several
batch-workstations (4D clients) also connected into their own host databases
:processing tasks for the server

Today I moved a couple large 4Dserver onto a machine with several 4D server
instances (4 big instances total, and 6 small instances):  I think I had about
10 4D Servers, and about 6 4D Clients running on the box:

About 300 users connected to the box.

Lots of Outside requests coming to the bacth-work-station clients.

I run a 4D Diagnostic Log (database parameter 79) on all databases:

At some point during the day, 3 big databases all get an error 10038 within
about a minute of eachother:

[4D Server.WI32] ERROR - [10038] An operation was attempted on something that
is not a socket.

… and things head south from there: one DB crashes, and two more need a
forced-restart.

When I turn OFF my batch workstations, and restart 2 databases: things pretty
much recover.

I think at the root of it ~may~ be some kind of TCP saturation/congestion.
However: I’m told that Server 2012r2 has massive tcp through-put capabilities.

This feels like some kind of TCP overload to me.

The machine has plenty of resources to be able to handle the load: the task
manager was only showing about 20% busy.

Has anyone else every had issues like this?

Thanks,

--

Tony Ringsmuth

Business Brothers Inc.