The more interesting question is, at least from my point of view, which tools
do you use for the conversion from docx to PDF. And do this tools work in a
context of Windows service. Does the conversion works reliable if started from
a 4D app running as a Windows Service.

And as suggestion for a scripting language under Windows I second Tom's
proposal: Use powershell.

Regards
Lutz