that is what I thought....
I have a system I am getting ready to merge with engine. I was testing,
compiled, one function (a search function) which tests for which type of
listbox I am working with.
ex:
if (type ($Listbox_ptr->) = is longint)
  do whatever

but the search was not working - it was not searching, it does wrk just fine
interpretedly.
so - I  FSCKed around with it a while, put in alerts and other things to try to
figure out where and how it was failing when compiled.

I eventually found that the code was failing where I test for the type of
listbox, as the above example.
soI placed an alert
Alert(string(type($Listbox->))) just before the txt that was failing.
The Alert showed that the listbox was Type 1 (real) !!!!!!

I found this just as I had to leave for the day, so I will rejoin the issue
tomorrow, but..

How does a section listbox get typed (compiled) as Real?!?!!?

I have no idea. anyone?

Thanks
Chip

> Depends for array list box it is a Boolean array for selection it is a long
> int
>
> On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 6:50 PM Chip Scheide via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
>
>> What is the data type of a selection listbox?
>> longint, right??
>> ---------------
>> Gas is for washing parts
>> Alcohol is for drinkin'
>> Nitromethane is for racing
>> 4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
>> Archive:  http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
>> Unsub:  mailto:4d_tech-unsubscr...@lists.4d.com
>
> --
>  Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306 Fax: (617) 232-1064
>  Informed Solutions, Inc.
>  Brookline, MA 02446 USA Registered 4D Developer
>        Providers of 4D, Sybase & SQL Server connectivity
>           http://www.informed-solutions.com
> This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
> confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
> intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
> printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
> reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
> message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
> compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption
> from disclosure as to this communication.
Hell is other people
     Jean-Paul Sartre