Robert,
First off I wouldn't recommend trying to implement any of the new ORDA
style techniques in existing forms. I just don't see any benefit.

So, if you have the opportunity to make a new form to replace an existing
one I recommend spending some time getting familiar with the new Form
object. This completely changes the way you make a form. From there the way
subforms work now is very cool and so. much.easier. Specifically check out
OBJECT SET SUBFORM. With this you can change what's displayed in a subform
object instantly. So you can setup a manner of 'sub' forms and switch them
in the subform object.

There's a bit to learn here if you are just starting in with ORDA but the
payoff is large.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 3:11 PM Robert ListMail via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> Hi Kirk, I’m using Windows v17.2.
>
> The unusual issues with the Subform have been fixed, thanks to Tim Nevels.
> The converted database had fields defined on the included form which did
> not leave enough space for the chosen font size. Converted databases can
> take slightly more room and if there is no room to give than very strange
> behavior ensues. So for now this database will continue to use the old
> subform approach in these Admin only areas… but I’m still curious how you
> might choose to implement this with Listboxes.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>
> > On Jun 27, 2019, at 4:59 PM, Kirk Brooks via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > What version are you using?

Kirk Brooks
San Francisco, CA

What can be said, can be said clearly,
and what you can’t say, you should shut up about

*Wittgenstein and the Computer *