Thanks to all who have offered suggestions.  Super helpful!  The biggest
challenge I face is the spec calls for composing the email in Outlook first,
then copying and pasting the final version into 4D with full preview and edit
capability.  None of my tests have proved this is possible. (There is always
something wacky in the transfer.)  However, your input has given me ideas on
how we might take a different path to get to the same end result.  We’ll see...

Much appreciated!
Kirk