I am assuming that your Administrative function runs on a client? Sounds like a
good idea, but wondering if it might be a bit over kill for me.

Bottom line is that at some point the server is quit without regard to who is
logged in at the time whether done with a quit command or issued by the Windows
service. The admin can see who is logged by firing up a client on the server
and opening the Administration window before shutting down the computer or
shutting down the service. If after hours the admin may have no choice but to
let 4D server boot the clients off.

From what I gather from the responses, it really does not matter as for as 4D
is concerned, it will “gracefully" quit any 4D client hanger ons before
quitting no matter how it is told to quit. There should never be any damage to
the data.

Thanks to those who responded.

John