John,

You need to be very careful on a service shutdown that you did not initiate,
meaning the OS initiated it, or someone went to the "Services" control panel
and told it to shut down.

As was mentioned earlier, it will shut down in 60 seconds no matter what, even
if your clients are not ready to be shut down.  We have this issue with every
client because we simply cannot get certain clients to gracefully shutdown in
60 seconds or less...just not possible.

As a result, we want things controlled via an interface on our side, and we
also educate the IT organization on how they have to shut down our system.

Best,

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com