> On 6 Sep 2019, at 16:50, Eric Naujock <e...@mac-cafe.com> wrote:
>

>>> 4. No account lockouts for fail authentication attempts. An attacker
>>> can just continuously try usernames and passwords indefinitely.
>> the only workaround is to have to write your own login dialog.
>> I do not know if this is viable for iOS or web based access.
>
> Yep, That is a definite roll your own. But if you want to be seriously
> considered in this day and age with a security focused department you best
> have this as an option.

4D is using BCrypt algorithm which is slow by design to hash the password. More
about it :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bcrypt

There is a 4D function and a 4D command that can be used to change the current
user and validate a password :

- Validate password

- CHANGE CURRENT USER

The command execution of both are delayed to prevent flooding (brute force
attack). As a result, after the 4th call to these commands, it is run only
after a period of 10 seconds. This delay is throughout the entire work station.
So brute force is not really a big issue here !

Maurice Inzirillo
--
AJAR S.A.

https://ch-fr.4d.com