I have a weird situation I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on.  I
will describe what has been communicated to me.

First, this is an OEM system using V16.3 NB 225762 running on a virtual of
Windows Server 2016.  The system is comprised of the server and 1 client
that also runs on the server hardware and has been running since early 2019.
The remaining connections are all browser based.

I've been told the Server system appeared to be "frozen".  When one of TS
guys logged onto the box the Administrating screen appeared to unresponsive
(not updating the chart) and no backup was performed since 9/6/19.

The 1 client connection showed it being disconnected from the server (i.e.
4D disconnect error present).  Clicking on the reconnect button did not
work, as the client said it could not reach the server.  So, the next step
was to terminate the client software.

As soon as the client software was terminated the Server started running a
backup and functioning again.

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Why/how would a client connection cause
the system to freeze and prevent it from backing up for 6 days?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Steve

  Stephen J. Orth
  The Aquila Group, Inc.          Office:  (608) 834-9213
  P.O. Box 690                           Mobile:  (608) 347-6447
  Sun Prairie, WI 53590

  E-Mail:  s.o...@the-aquila-group.com