I have been running 4D server as a service for about a year now and have had no
problems except for a single instance of the service stopping unexpectedly.
Don’t know if it was 4D crashing or the service itself stopping,

When I was setting this up I remember finding a way to access the service user
interface.. I think this explains what I was trying to do.,,

  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/services/interactive-services
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/services/interactive-services>

I got it to work on my development machine but for some reason could not get it
working on the deployed server.

John