When I was supporting an enterprise app which had 4D as its core, we had four
4D Clients running as Web Services Clients and used ‘round robin’ DNS load
balancing. We also tried BigIP from F5, which is much smarter about load
balancing but I don’t recall why we went back to round robin.

It’s hard to say whether we ever had enough traffic to justify the set up, so I
can’t tell you whether it made a difference. It was easy to manage, and we
could down any given Web Services Client without interrupting service.

HTH,

Tom Benedict