Thanks for the reply. I typically build the compiled component directly
into my parent DB's folder. I don't typically mess with the component, but
I thought I remembered being able to <command>+K on a component method and
be SHOWN the method on the Browser Home screen. I knew I wouldn't be able
to edit the method, but at least I could easily switch over to the method's
description for documentation purposes. Am I imagining this? It's been a
while since I've been able to do this. I just kept trudging on, since it's
not a deal breaker.

Since you reminded me that I could, I decided to take the time to put the
uncompiled Foundation structure into my components folder, and traced
through my problem with the Alert2 command. For some odd reason, there was
this code:

*Case of*

*:* (*Count parameters*<2)

*:* (*$2*=0)  // Stop icon

*Fnd_Dlg_SetIcon* (3)

*:* (*$2*=1)  // Warn icon

*Fnd_Dlg_SetIcon* (2)

*:* (*$2*=2)  // Note icon

*Fnd_Dlg_SetIcon* (1)

*End case*

I didn't understand it, since the second parameter is a longint which made
more sense to pass directly to Fld_Dlg_SetIcon(). I modified it to do this,
and all is right with the world. By the way, if I remove the "Foundation
Constants.xlf" file from my parent DB's Resources folder, I can't access
the Foundation Constants while developing code. I'm hoping it's simply a
duplicate file, and DOESN'T cause problems.

Thanks for kicking my brain into gear!