we wrote a library way back in the day that used 4d draw, i think, but
using a font was always less hassle and faster.
building your own barcodes is like writing EPS or PDF or PCL from scratch.
You can do it, but if you don't have to, maybe you shouldn't.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 3:53 PM Chuck Miller via 4D_Tech <
4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:

> The only problem is creation of of bar code. I think hmbar code does all
> types (128 etc) which are harder to do programmatically.  When I tried, I
> was able to get 128 working on a Mac or a PC but not both. The coding seems
> to have been slightly different
>
> Regards
>
> Chuck

>  Chuck Miller Voice: (617) 739-0306
>  Informed Solutions, Inc. Fax: (617) 232-1064
>  mailto:cjmiller<AT SIGN>informed-solutions.com
>  Brookline, MA 02446 USA Registered 4D Developer
>        Providers of 4D and Sybase connectivity
>           http://www.informed-solutions.com

> This message and any attached documents contain information which may be
> confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law.  These materials are intended only for the use of the
> intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this
> transmission, you are hereby notified that any distribution, disclosure,
> printing, copying, storage, modification or the taking of any action in
> reliance upon this transmission is strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this
> message to any person other than the intended recipient shall not
> compromise or waive such confidentiality, privilege or exemption from
> disclosure as to this communication.
>
> > On Mar 18, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Jody Bevan via 4D_Tech <
> 4d_tech@lists.4d.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a problem with using a font? Just asking as that is what I am
> doing. Seems to work great.
> > The font is free, so cost is not an issue.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jody

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."