Hi Jörg,

Yes I understand all that and use the longitude to calculate MGT offsets and
Latitiudes for Declinations and so on …

I am fixing data - matching one set imported data from another source - and I
also realize that I could use a good proximity routine (using the lon/lat and a
distance to find other places).

Couldn’t find anything in KB.

Anyway thanks for the help and explanations.

John...