I believe you can still put a folder named ‘clientlocal’ in the same path as
the 4D.exe(windows) or 4D.app (mac).

This lets you keep the cache for a specific 4D application right in the same
folder as the application itself.

The only potential downside to this is if you use the same app to connect to
different 4D servers you’ll be replacing the cache folder each time you log
into a different server.

Randy

Randy Jaynes
Senior Programmer and Customer Support