Alan,
You need to add/use the commands for returning the lock record information.
His can help determine who/where is locking the record.

I am wondering if maybe the lock is indirect
i.e. a parent record locked because a child is loaded read/write and, the
parent record was dragged in to the modification of the child record due to
automatic relation loading the parent

Ex: a lineitem is being modified, and an automatic relation (possibly many
levels removed) pulled and loaded the invoice which is being locked because
there is a changed child record

Just guessing
Again - add record looking info commands to get a better idea

Chip