Am 14.01.2021 um 08:55 schrieb Jörg Knebel via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>:

>> On 14 /01 /2021, at 18:42, Graham Langley via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I find it odd that a subset of developers on this "forum" is a good thing.
>
> Let time be the judge of that.

Well, actually in my opinion there is nothing to judge here…

As already stated we are just a few, and splitting that small group by forming
one rogue tiny group is not helping anyone, neither us, nor them.

So no, splitting off is not a good idea.

Also, the iNug is NOT a „safe space“ insofar, as 4d is (or at least used to)
monitoring this. Also, I have yet to notice any instance of aggressive
moderation on the new forum by 4d, and believe me, I would have noticed, being
somewhat on the aggressive side towards 4d from time to time.

So in short:
I see no compelling case whatsoever for continuing to use the iNug, your
mileage may vary.
Try to change my mind

>> I love the discuss site,
>
> No one forces you to participate here!

A tad agressive, are we? :-)

>> We should also welcome "smart-arse newbies”.
>
> This would heavily depend on the kind of the newbies.

Well, as already stated, we all were at some point, an I mean WE ALL dear Jörg
:-)
As you well know, it takes a few years under the belt to become a good
programmer, knowledge of theory and langauge and algorythms does not make you a
good programmer.

> Pretty sure we've all whined in the past about the
>> lack of new developers.
>
> Are we talking about quality or quantity only?

Well, for current lack of quantity, we can only hope for quality…

SMile everyone

Cheers
Alex