IMHO,
it is simpler, easier, and later a more local reference to have all of the
various "support"
that used to be provided here, and is now on discuss, come TO me, rather then
having to go get it.

if there is a topic of interest, or immediate need, the answer(s) come to me,
rather then having to stop what I am/was doing to go look to see if it exists.

in addition, there has been no accommodation for additional topics of possible
interest on discuss.
i.e. there is no 'misc' category, nor is there an employment section
(available/wanted) which used to exist in the old "bad" forum.

4D could have simply opened this list to allow attachments, but chose not to.

I think we have all used email with attachments in the past, and are capable of
handling such things....

It was mentioned, not by you Graham, that '...4D was not obviously
moderating...' they have in at least the above ways moderated the discussions;
especially the employment area as this can/could/will have an impact on their
'Professional services'.

Chip