Dave
First -
v18 is NOT certified for 10.13.6
https://us.4d.com/product-download/4D-v18-LTS
says v18 is 10.14.6 as a MINIMUM

if you have had 4D v18 running and functioning on 10.13, then try the some of
the below options, otherwise....
use v17, or update to 10.14
(sorry I hate the update cycle, not only for 4D..)

 - (already mentioned) the record is locked. Some other process has the record
and has it locked.
You can check for this by adding this test after the query

if (is locked([extra 3]))
        Alert("Record is locked")
        // you can also use the locked record properties command to determine
what process/user has hold of the record
else
        // do work
end if

Also -- if the below code is copy pasted from your program...
the save record command is missing a closing parenthesis
> SAVE RECORD([EXTRA 3]
Save Record([Extra 3])

One other thing...
I do not know how much v18 likes spaces in table names.
You might want to try renaming the table to
[EXTRA_3]

Chip