Sorry, I should have been specific that this is a normal method, it is part
of iLB package. But nothing special about it. The database code runs
without problem if run as compiled.

In iLB_Hook_Starup, a method used to run custom code to set values related
to iLB and is nothing but comments, it goes into debug mode after the last
line. I have tried removing the empty line of the method and the end of the
last line, and then typed in what I deleted. It still goes into debug mode
after running the method.

In iLB_Hook_ObjectMethod it goes into debug mode on the line that has the
command C_POINTER. I moved C_POINTER down a few lines and it went into
debug mode on C_LONGINT.

It makes me think there is something invisible in the Method that is
triggering debug mode. I’ve cut the text, pasted into BBEdit, then copied
from there and back into 4D and same problem.

I can work around this problem by compiling and then running the app in
compiled mode, but that is a bit clumsy.

—Paul

New Forum: https://discuss.4D.com