Leo wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> If you want to help with some testing, you can preview the upcoming
>> kernel update (will be released on 64studio sometime next week):
>>
>> http://rg42.org/_media/wiki/kernel/linux-image-2.6.31-rt10-multimedia_i386.deb
>> http://rg42.org/_media/wiki/kernel/linux-headers-2.6.31-rt10-multimedia_i386.deb
>
> Can I install this kernel on my sidux 32 bit box?

sure, why not? The kernel is independent of the distribution.

I use it on two debian machines here and I have 5 reports from other
testers for whom it works and 1 for whom it does not (see this thread).

I should mention that you also want a new version of the rtirq script
(20090810 or later). From 2.6.31 onwards the realtime kernel supports
per device-driver threads (as opposed to per-IRQ threads); So 2.6.31-rt
reduces the possibility of xruns even if your sound-device shares an IRQ
with another device..

BTW. An old rtirq init script will just not set the IRQ scheduling up
but not cause any trouble..  - An updated rtirq debian package is
available from the 64studio apt repository as well as for Ubunutu Karmic.

> doing that will get me on trouble?

no. Worst case: it will not boot ;) So don't uninstall your current kernel.

> thanks for answer
> Leo

You're welcome. please report back if it works for you.
robin