Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>
>>> Do you think he would sell anything if he says, you also can
>>> download it for free here?
>>>

>> That depends upon the perceived worth of his value-added inclusions,
>> whatever they might be. In effect you're purchasing his extras and
>> getting LMMS bundled in.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp
>
> But he includes lies on his homepage. In the context it seems to be,
> that he needed to pay thousands of dollars and after that he has been
> kind and programmed Beatmachine and we can get it for lousy 50$ if we
> order it right now, next month it will be more expensive ;). What did
> he change? He did another splash, maybe another skin and added
> (probably some free) samples and he renamed it.
>
> This isn't fair :(.

He never says or implies that he spent thousands of dollars on its
development.

"Seems to be", "maybe" and "probably" are not definitive. If he has
demonstrably contravened the terms of the GPL he should be reported to
the FSF. The Web site still says nothing about the derivation of the
work, so for that alone he should be chastised and warned, but that
still doesn't make his actions criminal.

Breaches of the GPL should not be treated casually. If a real fault
exists report it to the FSF, they'll advise further courses.

Alas, this correspondence is chewing up time I need to spend elsewheres,
so I respectfully bow out for now. I will follow this topic though, and
I'll contact the LMMS team for further clarification when I have more time.

Best,

dp