On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Frank Smith <frsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI All
> I have again lost the first 8 channels on my RME hdsp card.

There is a handy hdspconf program. Is this what you are using to
determine the missing channels?  I have had a HDSP card for about 5
years now, and it has been rock solid.  What was the last thing you
changed before you "lost" these channels?

> When I last re-installed 64studio I seemed to get them back!
> Is there a way to re-install just the driver for the sound card, I ended up
> last time stuck at 800 x 600 for a week.

The drivers are part of the kernel and are likely not the problem.

> This seems to be a recurring problem of late.
> Has there been major changes to the alsa driver?

None that I am aware of.