Thanks for your answers, will check on the sites.

Well, the thing is that someone at at local tv station asked me for a
software to do that, because they're wondering if it is possible to do it
under linux (due to costs, they don't want to purchase any software, perhaps
some hardware) and I could not find any tool/distro ready to do that, but
I've found the following links if you guys would like to take a look at that

http://puredata.info/
http://www.oktopus.tv/puredata-vjtools/
http://freej.org/
http://www.marlonj.com/blog/2009/02/puredata-y-reactivision-en-ubuntu-810/
http://www.mythbuntu.org/
http://usuarios.multimania.es/hermanosjesus/otros/Manual.htm

(last 2 links might not be useful, not sure)

So it seems there is no perfect application to do that - yet - but instead
we can mix several very interesting tools, but I'm afraid you need to be
both a tv-cable technitian and a Linux expert (at least not basic knowledge)
--
Amílcar de León
Linux User: 480121