Hi Daniel :)

> > Banshee needs playout scheduling, perhaps the coders could add a cron
> > job function more easily to Banshee, but to add video support to
> > Campcaster.
>
> It's a different kind of application. The tricky part is not a sysadmin
> making a file play at a certain time with cron, it's making an interface
> that allows groups of non-technical users to manage broadcast schedules in
> a collaborative way.

While Campcaster might be the better app for broadcasting, Banshee still
could do this job too. A developer could add a GUI/user interface for
non-technical users, to provide a 'timer' option, e.g. by using cron
jobs.

OT:

> > Btw. a PNY NVIDIA Quadro 6000 SDI I/O SDI card is around €10,000.
>
> AJA's SDI capture cards start under US $1000, and they have Linux drivers
> apparently:
>
> http://www.aja.com/products/oem/oem.php

NVIDIA also does sell cheaper cards. Btw. whats about 'amateur' video
capture by USB, 30,- to 100,- EUR for some needs?

I wonder if a 1k,- EUR card for video capture might be comparable with
an Envy24 elCheapo for audio?! I haven't got a clue!

Cheers!

Ralf