Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for draft-ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery-13: Discuss
When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.) Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions. The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-fragment-recovery/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------- DISCUSS: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- [ Be ye not afraid - this should be easy to address.] "datagram_size: The size of the datagram in its Compressed Form before it is fragmented. The datagram_size is expressed in a unit that depends on the MAC layer technology, by default a byte." and: "Fragment_Size: 10-bit unsigned integer; the size of this fragment in a unit that depends on the MAC layer technology. Unless overridden by a more specific specification, that unit is the octet, which allows fragments up to 1024 bytes." I spent quite a while going though the document, looking at the 13 places where you use 'byte' and 3 where you use 'octet', trying to figure out if there is a reason that different terms are used. Normally I'd just say "meh, these are synonyms" and ignore it, but in this particular specification (because of the "by default" / "Unless overridden") I think it is actually important.... Can you standardize on one of the other, or provide more explanatory text if there is a reason? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- COMMENT: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for a useful and interesting read -- I really enjoyed this document. I do also support Benjamins "I think we should be more clear about whether a "FULL bitmap" always has 32 bits set to one, or if "merely" having as many bits as the sender sent fragments set to one also counts as "FULL". " comment, and had something very similar drafted... _______________________________________________ 6lo mailing list [email protected] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo
