Hi Michel,

The idea is very interesting since the nodes are provisioned with the right
value upfront via BEACON IE so that they start using the power that is
appropriate, as determined by the PAN coordinator. In the absence of this, the nodes might start-off with arbitrary power levels that can potentially result in unpredictable network behaviour for the existing flows. I would assume, the
coordinator will have an ability to manage these power levels by
re-provisioning them depending on the state of the network in a way that the
hidden and exposed node problems are avoided.

One more thought. Does it make sense to use the BEACON IE approach when the
node joins the network and let an external centralized controller (NME), use
the 6top MIB interface to subsequently manage the phyTXPower ? The assumption
is that the interface provides the output power limit of the node as well.

Am I missing something here ?

Anand

believed to be clean.