Hi Michel,

Yes, I agree with you.

Thanks!

Anand

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015, Michel Veillette wrote:

Hi Anand

About "Does it make sense to use the BEACON IE approach when the node joins the
network and let an external centralized controller (NME), use the 6top MIB interface to
subsequently manage the phyTXPower ?"

Sound good to me.

The value received during the joining process in a beacon IE is more about not
exceeding the output power allowed by the local regulation. This feature
probably make more sense for IEEE 802.15.4g which support multiple RF bands
with lot of regional variations for the allowed maximum output power. This is
certainly also applicable for the different bands supported by IEEE
802.15.4-2011 (868-868.6 MHz, 902-928 MHz and 2400-2483.5 MHz bands).

The configuration of the phyTXPower after joining is more about performance
optimization (e.g. enable better spatial re-use).

[cid:image001.jpg@01C868D8.BF0BB7E0]

Michel Veillette
System Architecture Director
Trilliant Inc.