Hi Nicola and Diego,
Since we agree Timeout is needed no matter what schemes we will choose, let's
make calculation about the Timeout in different schemes. Assume:t1: Node A 6top
prepares ADD Requestt2: Node A 6top sends out ADD Request, ending with MAC-ACK
successt3: Node B 6top processes ADD Requestt4: Node B SF0 processes ADD
Requestt5: Node B 6top prepares ADD Responset6: Node B 6top sends out ADD
Response, ending with MAC-ACK successt7: Node A 6top processes ADD Response.t8:
Node A 6top sends out 6P ACK, ending with MAC-ACK successt9: Node B 6top
processes 6P ACK
According to my understanding, the most unpredictable time is t2, t6 and t8,
because they are associated with Retry and the length of slotframe. Assume slot
duration is 10ms and slotframe length is 101, maxRetry is 3, then, t2 and t6
could be 3 seconds, and t8 could be 3 seconds also if Shared cell is used.
(1) Current scheme. Timeout starts when SF0 on node A issues command to 6top to
ask ADD cells. Then the value of Timeout is function of (t1,..t7)
(2) Diego's scheme. Timeout starts when SF0 on node A gets MAC-ACK success from
6top. Then the value of Timeout is function of (t3,..t7)(3) Nicola's scheme.
(I'm not sure the formula to calculate the value of Timeout. But my feeling is
each Timeout has to include at least one long and unpredictable Time, i.e. t2,
or t6, Nicola: would you please add it?)
Comparing (1) and (2), I agree that (2) is much better than (1), because (2)
does not take t2 into account in (2), reducing almost half of uncertainty.
I haven't figured out the advantage of (3) over (2). Nicola, would you please
give me your explanation?
ThanksQin

    On Monday, October 31, 2016 2:18 PM, Nicola Accettura