Mališa Vučinić <malisa.vuci...@inria.fr> wrote:
    mcr>     Are you suggesting that the JP would send replies to the
    mcr> pledge using ff02::2?

    > No, pledge constructs its link-local and addresses the join
    > request to the well-known IPv6, and L2 destination is the source
    > address of the beacon.

okay, I'm fine with that at this point.
I think it's better it be the constructed LL.

    > For join response, I’d say that the source IPv6 is JP’s link-local
    > and the destination IPv6 is pledge’s link-local, coming from
    > CoAP. If it happens that the pledge built its link-local from
    > EUI-64, only those 8 bytes need to be signaled in CoAP option, but
    > this is internal to JP.

Good.

    mcr>     I don't really understand this eliminates the neighbor cache
    mcr> entries, although I can imagine that the stateless information in
    mcr> the CoAP could be used to construct a neighbor cache entry.

    > Yes, I guess you could call it an ephemeral cache entry
    > constructed by CoAP at JP when the join response is received,
    > before being forwarded to the pledge. As soon as the packet is
    > passed to L2, the cache entry is removed. Can we do this?

I think that we can do this.

It might be better if the traffic came from ff02::2, but I'm not sure that
would be acceptable for IPv6 reasons.
I am concerned that a reply from a different L3 address will not be acceptable
to some coap libraries.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [