Hi Michael,

Looking at the enrollment-enhanced-beacon draft, I think some vendors already
employ this technique to address the bandwidth issues you raise
in the draft (advertisement slots, etc.)….so the rationale for this draft is
probably well established. I had a couple of comments on this early text…

- Section 2, “Network Name” - would this serve the same purpose as an 802.11
“SSID” ?

- It looks like a join assistant would be chosen based on examining “network
id” first, then “PAN priority”, and then “proxy priority”.
  And the “rank priority” would somehow be passed across layers to RPL for
subsequent parent selection.  Is this correct?

- In section 1.3, there is text that says...
  if a pledge node does not hear an RA, and decides to
   send a RS (consuming a broadcast aloha slot with unencrypted
   traffic), many unicast RS may be sent in response.

    I *think* you mean to say “…many unicast RAs may be sent in response.”

Randy