Georgios Z. Papadopoulos <georgios.papadopou...@imt-atlantique.fr> wrote:
    > Many thanks for this work.  Going through the draft, I have a
    > comment/question :

    > Considering that “The containing Enhanced Beacon is not encrypted.”
    > (Section 3), is it necessary to include “rank priority” at L2 and,
    > thus, revealing this information?

I consider it a concern as well.

When returning from a deep sleep,  where there may be multiple
LLNs on different PANIDs (and in 6tisch, with different schedules, even using
different sets of channels),  there is a desire to know which network will
"closer".

I think that we need to understand the tradeoffs, so let's discuss
(also in the ROLL WG!).  Perhaps a compromise is that the rank priority can
be forced to maximum value on networks that want to keep the information
private.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-