> > you might check out a few of the changes in the pc version of the
> >  driver.  (particularly parsekey.)
>
> I just tried the PC version of the WaveLAN driver, but it does
> not seem to work better.
>
> Since few hours, I am not able to run the Wi-Fi card anymore,
> even with a high timeout. It always crashes as reported in my
> first e-mail.

A while ago I tried to modify the PC version of the driver
to support changing the wep key without resetting the card -
functionality that is needed by the 802.1X stuff.

I copied what seemed to be the necessary bits from a lunix driver.
while I did get it working, I got carried away making other changes
inspired by the lunix driver, to the point where I no longer felt
like proposing it as a patch. I may help you, though.
I put it on sources under contrib/axel/wlanfastkey

I think I modified one interface between the driver and
its environment to pass through some additional information,
which means that it may not be a drop-in replacement.

Also, some time has passed since I did this, so it may lack
some changes that were made to the original driver.

Axel.