> I'm doing all of this on Linux.  Since then, I have seen
> it lock up when running from a fossil/venti root and #Z
> not bound.  I can't support it with statistics, but my gut
> reaction is that it's less often though.

If this happens again, then running "thread apply all where 20"
in gdb should help determine what's going on.

> 9vx read a plan9.ini file.  So I've been folding 9load's
> ini file reader into 9vx.  This is not so much massaging
> as with part.c, but liposuction.

I would be inclined to do away with full plan9.ini
parsing and just read a file containing

        name=value

lines that get stuffed immediately into the config
environment (ksetenv).  Or just pass a couple
name=value pairs on the command line.

Allowing the plan9.ini disease to spread seems
like a lose.

Russ