On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 15:02 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> OK, am I just out of date or is there a real reason for linker
> sets?This question just came up in linuxbios v3 and I am wondering if
> I am a stubborn old coot (likely) or if there really is merit to my
> dislike of linker sets.

I tend to dislike any kind of linker magic in user-space quite
profoundly. The most I can tolerate is PLT, I guess. But even
that is something I don't appreciate all that much when I need
to debug low level code. So I agree with you there 100%.

Now, on the other hand, I guess kernel is different though.
Isn't it supposed to be one huge piece of magic to begin with? ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.