>> i think the answer to your question is that it's a lot more useful
>> to know that it's #s/boot rather than /net/il/0/data.
> Really? Why? With /net/il/0/data you have an option of digging deeper and
> finding out the other end's address, etc. Or to flip the question -- what
> information does #s/boot provide?

the reason why #s/boot is useful is twofold.  the name means something.
this is a connection to the fs used to boot the machine.  second, /net/il/0/data
can't be mounted.  if you want the name of something to mount, ns gives
you want you want.

you're not precluded from digging around and finding what #s/boot
points to.  why are you complaining that ns gives you the most useful
information?

> Well, to me knowing that mount came out of #s/stuff has never seemed to
> be all that useful -- I can't imagine a question that this will answer.

!?  you can mount it!  the network connection by itself is not useful.