On Dec 17, 2008, at 4:33 PM, ron minnich wrote:
so here's a potentially interesting idea. Since you are running plan 9
under Linux with 9vx, consider using the TAU toolkit to measure it.

http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tau/home.php

we've used these tools to optmize an MPI library and they are quite powerful.

TAU is good. There's also a Sun Studio Performance Analyzer that, to my taste,
is a bit more tightly integrated than TAU and seems to be more scalable:
    http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/overview/topics/analyzer_index.html

In fact, Ron, now that you've mentioned it -- I'm going to try the PerfAn
on 9vx myself ;-) And here's the question for you: how representative
the behavior of 9vx is supposed to be of the regular Plan9 kernel?

Thanks,
Roman.