On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 23:09 -0800, Russ Cox wrote:
> > Do you enjoy mouse editing? May be I'm just an old
> > TTY junkie, but for me mouse is a device that lets me
> > switch between Xterms with screens(1) in them ;-)
>
> This particular topic has been discussed to death in the past.

It sure was ;-) But...

> Forsyth had a particularly lucid summary of a study by Tognazzi
> showing that mouse editing was faster but that keyboard editing
> felt faster:

... I've seen this study and I tend to believe it. But there's a gotcha:
the kind of work that I and other software engineers do with computers
is almost orthogonal to what the study was focusing on. I don't believe
anybody else, but engineers, spend the majority of time dealing with
text.

I only wish Apple could commission such a study with a focus group
consisting of a diverse set of coders.

Thanks,
Roman.