Using a text editor to manipulate files with lines that are thousands
of words long seems like a not very good idea to me.

But all you need is two awk one liners to automate such task. Get desired word:

awk -v w=1000 -v ORS=' ' -v 'RS= ' 'NR==w { print } '

Replace it with a new value:

awk -v w=1000  -v nw='NewValue' -v ORS=' ' -v 'RS= ' 'NR==w { print
nw; next } { print } '

And so on for any other similar tasks.

A script that prompts you for line and word number, prints it, and
lets you enter a new value should be under a dozen lines of rc.

uriel