If this were true there would be no vnc for iPhone, and there is. If vnc is okay, drawterm or octopus would be too.

    -eric

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 25, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Pietro Gagliardi <pietr...@mac.com> wrote:

Killed. From the license agreement for iPhone developers (which requires a free Apple Developer Connection account to view; sorry):

"3.3.3 Without Appleā€™s prior written approval, an Application may no t provide, unlock or enable a enable additional features or function ality through distribution mechanisms other than the App Store."

drawterm may be used to gain access to a large repository of optional software (/n/sources/contrib, /n/sources/extra).

An ill-informed lawyer may bring this up:

"3.3.2 An Application may not itself install or launch other executable code by any means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or otherwise. No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple's Published APIs and built-in interpreter(s)."

This is a shaky one. While drawterm does not itself run code, it allows you to connect to a computer that runs its own programs.

But even if we did overcome all this...

We have scribble, and rio is optional, so I don't think input is too much of a problem. A pain, yes, but not a problem.

How about determining button 1, 2, 3? Triple-touch? You might get tired too easily.