On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:10 PM, J.R. Mauro wrote:
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Mukhitdinov Manzur
<manzur1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello!

I'm a cs student from Saint-Petersburg,Russia(sea-gull on #plan9-soc).
I'm interested in your project of implementing Git file system
for Plan9.
    Implementing Gitfs when we have Hgfs[1] and hgc may seem odd to
somebody,
especially when Git doesn't have apparent advantages over mercury.
But there are some benefits to community: as I'm new to Plan9/Inferno
the more difficult task I get, the more and deeper I'll learn Plan9. And
that means,
the better and longer I can help to the community
But I'll benefit no less than you: I'll learn miraculous Plan9,
get friends and spend my time to something useful

Somehow I didn't see the original email from Manzur (was it ever
posted to the list?) But given my personal interests, I'd be delighted
to help along with the gitfs.

Since I've ignored most of the GSOC traffic so far, could someone,
please point me to the right URLs so that I can see what's required
of mentors and whether I'd be a good match for that.

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. besides, there's always a benefit of communicating in Russian
or getting together for a few beers in SPB ;-)