On Wed Apr 15 19:32:57 EDT 2009, devon.od...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, that ends up getting my screen to have a bunch of lines through
> it, staggered -- so I'm not much better off than I was before. I'm
> guessing that's an nVidia driver issue or something. If I had any idea
> about video devices, I'd try to fix it, but I don't. I'll just live
> with a bit low-res VESA for now (all of the VESA modes don't seem to
> work), unless someone has ideas.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --dho

i'll put my terrible, awful, reprehensible, reprobate, disgusting nvidia
driver that sort-of works if you squint and set the mode incorrectly
up on sources (/n/sources/contrib/quanstro/src/vga).  you may need to
have a monitor fairly resistant to misset frequencies. i had to hack my
vgadb.  the commented-out line is correct for my montior.  clearly i
don't have the frequency calculations right at all.

213t=1600x1200                          # 60 Hz
        clock=150
#       shb=1664 ehb=1856 ht=2160
        shb=1664 ehb=1856 ht=2058
        vrs=1201 vre=1204 vt=1250
        hsync=+ vsync=+

i really need to write a driver for integratede modern intel or ati
graphics.